Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

BK brunch and the weekend


I had brunch with Chris today before leaving my stay in the city. I had spent the whole weekend in the Manhattan and Greenpoint, since Friday.

Friday: I took the day off to relax from a stressful week full of turns and surprises, meltdowns and what not. I met Chris at Central Park to enjoy the sunny warm day. We had great conversations about all topics imaginable [which makes me believe that he's getting use to my craziness and randomness], which makes me appreciate the good guy that he is. We did some shopping in the afternoon, and had dinner later in the evening at Nooch [Nooch's homepage] on 8th Avenue. After dinner we made our way back to BK for the night.

Saturday: The next day I had a picnic, again, in Central Park with the guys and girls. By the end I was a bit exhausted; I got there at 1:30PM and left around 7:00PM. There were a lot of fun, laughs, and food. However, I was late to go to the village to attend my friend Ted's birthday dinner. I arrived around 7:30PM but everyone seemed in a good mood and not starving. It was nice to see everyone from college together again [Jason, Sunil, Andrea, Barry], at least for a couple of hours. Then I had to rush back to BK [since I was late; yet again] to meet Chris after work [I really had a busy day]. We went out to the Metropolitan Bar [Info page] on Lorimer Ave, between Metropolitan Avenue and Devou Street. We had a nice time there and I meet some of his friends, but I was tired from earlier in the day, so I was not very sociable. He was very understanding though, and we took a cab back home [well, his home].

Sunday: The day came and we had a nice brunch at [this] diner later in the morning. We sat outside, and although the air was humid, we enjoyed the sunshine and the warmth. While all this was happening I was carrying 20lbs of luggage in my backpack. I suppose that is a good strengthening workout for my back, but the humidity was damping my good mood throughout the afternoon. Not to the point where I would turn into a maniacal bothered beast, but more like "argh it's too hot, even for me [and that is saying a lot, since I love heat and I come from Peru]." After we parted ways, I made my way back into the city. I caught up with Tom and we decided to watch "Clash of the Titans 3D." No movie in my personal opinion can be made better through this 3D craze. The movie I’m afraid was bad. The story line was completely different from the original movie. The acting was not great. The 3D gimmicky, it served no purpose to the movie whatsoever, and I spent $17.50 to watch this movie; definitely the price was not worth it. This movie is a DVD rental if anything. This used to be my favorite movie as a child, and it was just disappointing. After that I made my way back home to LI.

I had great moments throughout the weekend, so it was definitely a good one. Can't wait for more to come; although I suspect more of these moments might be spent in BK going forwards [God willing].


No comments:

Post a Comment