Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fleet Week in NYC


 
It is time for fleet week, the one week of the year (May 23-19, 2012) where ships from all over the world come to dock in NY. This year I went with my friend Luis to visit the tall ships along pier 86. One of the ships happened to be an Ecuadorian ship "Guayas", so Luis was happy. Unfortunely we did not get a chance to see the Colombian ship "Gloria" as it had leave on Saturday.
 
I have to say that the weather was great, very warm and breezy. At first I didn't want to go but Luis convinced me to go. I'm glad he did. Next time we'll have to go inside the Actual Intrepid Museum and watch the Parade of Sails for more fun.
 
To learn more about Fleet week please visit: http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/Fleetweek2012.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment