Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Amazing weekend


So my amazing weekend happened last week. It was quite eventful, more than I expected. It was actually unexpected, which makes it great I guess. Anyways, here we go:

[Day 1-Feb 20th] I spent most of the day with Tom that day, and I got to say that I got to know him a bit better so that's always nice, getting to know your friends in a more intimate setting.

So I was, quite oddly, on time at 3:00PM at his apartment. I didn't plan it that way. I took the (3) downtown at 2:46PM which would have kept me close to 3:00PM. I think the best part about that ride was that I got off on a different exit, making my walk not only shorter to Gold St., but as I got off the station I actually got reception on my cell phone, which is something that never happens when I get off at Fulton St. So that was good news to begin with. Then I made my way up to the apartment, and as I ran the bell, I noticed that it was 3:00PM. Tom couldn't believe I was on time either, lol, he thought I was walking aimlessly until the proper time. As I got in he was just finishing preparing the glühwein, with rum! Mmmm. I have to admit that I actually couldn’t taste the rum, but it gave it a bit of extra spice, it was good. Then we just talked about our jobs and how slow I am to drink alcoholic beverages as we eat chocolate cookies from Whole Foods. At around 4:15PM we made our way to see the Wolfman.

[Picture source: Wikipedia : Mulled Wine]

I just loved this movie [despite what other people think of it]. It was the remake of the original Wolfman movie, just brought to the 21st century thanks to the magic of CG imaging. The ending was different from the original, but I think it made it better.

After that we made our way to B Bar & Grill in the east village. Woah what perfect place! Not only is the food just tasty, the ambiance is grand, and the price is right. The garden was the highlight of the place, because you can dine and just look at the buildings around you, the view is very nice. We had a conversation about religion [lol], and our views on life while drinking [don't order white wine sangria-is just not strong]. Even though we have very different perspectives I liked that we were able to sincerely respect and acknowledge each other's points of view. So the conversation was quite enjoyable, even while talking about religion.

40 E. 4th St., New York, NY 10003
at Bowery 
212-475-2220

Then we made our way to meet Atanas and Justin at Pieces for Karaoke night. Another good night, even though I was [a bit] awkward at first because going from an intimate setting to a huge crowd, which was a bit of a shocker. By the end of the night I was being more myself though. After a few drinks I went home on the "drunk" train [the 1:42AM from Penn Station to Jamaica>Port Jefferson].

[Day 2-Feb 21st] I was supposed to meet Jason at Central Park for ice skating at 1:30PM. However I woke up around 11:00AM. I was not sure if I was going to go, but after going upstairs and finding an empty house, I decided that the best thing was to go out to meet Jason regardless of the time. It turns out I got to Central Park around 2:15PM, and I was still early, as Jason was running [a tad] late. So I meet him, Atanas, Carlos, and Carlo's friend Carmelo at the Apple store on 5th Ave. From there we made our way up the skating rink. It turned out that from our group only 3 people really wanted to ice skate. I wasn't one of them, I just wanted to take pictures for the blog. After Justin and Tom joined us we decided to go to a wine bar. We went to the Time Warner Center on Columbus Circle. After window shopping for a while we made our way up to the wine bar: Clo. Clo is a small wine bar, however, what they lack in size, they make up with great service and a vast selection of wines from around the world. Obviously size does not matter over quality. We must have spent like 2 hours at Clo [I'm a slow drinker, remember?], it was so much fun. I had never been to a wine bar, and I have to say it was one of the greatest experiences ever. Not only did I get to have 3 glasses of the best wine, but I was having these funny and candid conversations about life with our friends. And the conversations never got dull, it was like a stream of topics coming from left to right, but they were quite enjoyable and engaging. I learnt a lot about my friend's love lives, lol. I guess that happens when you drink wine. Wait, how could I forget the digital menu?! A bit confusing to manuever at first, but fun to play with. Also very helpful when you have no idea what to drink and you're overwhelmed by the selections. If that fails, just ask an attendant for help.
[Btw-If you ever go to Clo and you get the pleasure to be attended by Kendra, please tip her very well. She's very helpful, friendly, and cute]

[Picture source: Clo's website - click below]
212-823-9898
4th Fl., Time Warner Center
Columbus Circle

So what do you do after you have 3 glasses of wine? You got eat of course, lol. We went to a dinner on 9th Ave. I don't remember the name of the place, but next time I go [because I will go back] there I will make note of it. The burger was just out of this world! Extremely delicious meat, fresh vegetables, great taste, there is nothing else like it. Again, we had a few inappropriate conversations, for a dinner, but they staff was very cool. After that, I just went home and watched Desperate Housewives [a good episode, but Katherine is a lesbian? WTF?].

The string of events from this weekend may very ordinary for people, but for me it was just a good time. I got close to my friends, I drank well, and I eat well, what else is there to say? Quality time certainly makes a day [or a weekend] seen just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment