Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

The White Queen and the Olympians


[February 15-MLK Day] On Monday I went to the movie theaters with my sister and my cousin to watch "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief." The movie was great, it had many elements I liked, such as the mythology stories [duh], mystery, and action. I have to say though that the movie was a bit predictable from the beginning. My guess would be that the adaptation from the book was cut somewhat short. At least that is what I hear from people who read the book. The movie was enjoyable though.


Before going in we had to make a line to enter the theater. So this picture [the blog pic] was taken while waiting on line. It's an advertisement for the upcoming Tim Burton adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Anne Hathaway looks amazing in this movie, and from what I can see in the commercials I will like her character. I don't remember the “White Queen” from any previous adaptations, but then again I never paid any attention them, as I found the story itself quite boring. Perhaps this adaptation will change my mind about Alice in Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment