Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Building the Reborns Gundam


One of my most favorite hobbies is to build gundam models. I build them from small individual parts, which make joints, the frame, and extremities. Technically building these models is like building a mechanical puzzle. The manuals come in Japanese, but anyone can follow the pictures, they are very detailed in putting the pieces together. I also like to detail my gundams (outlining, painting). In this model I took a risk. I painted the yellow parts with gold acrylic paint (shoulder, waist piece, helmet detail). The original piece color was yellow, a mustard hue, which looked ok, but I wanted something better for this amazing model. I didn't think it would look so great. The next big risk was the Jewel piece in the chest. Making the right hue of purple was difficult but I think I got the correct one. I didn't want to use the sticker because I wanted more detail. The tough part was applying the paint. The streaks from the brush were hard to get rid off, but after applying a few coats it looked a little better. I also painted the back of the shield silver instead of gray, which I regret, as now the back of the shield looks messy from the friction. Oh well. I will post a brief review of the finished model soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment